Renesas Electronics Releases Full HD LCD Video Controller with MIPI-CSI2 Input
September 27, 2019
Highly integrated RAA278842 controller instantly displays live backup camera video to prevent accidents and enable rearview parking assist.
Renesas released the RAA278842 LCD video controller. Its 4-lane (or dual 2-lane) MIPI-CSI2 input supports up to 1 Gbps per lane to interact with the most recent automotive cameras, application processors and graphics processors.
The RAA278842 LCD video controller:
- Supports a 150 MHz single-channel OpenLDI interface, different video interfaces and LCD panel sizes with resolutions up to 1920 x 1080
- Is conducive for automotive central infotainment displays (CIDs) and head units, instrument clusters, head-up displays (HUDs), and mirror replacement display applications that are required for the expansion of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)
- 10-bit per color processing built into the image enhancement engine for near-zero latency, high quality video
The RAA278842 with MIPI-CSI2 output complements the RAA278843 with traditional BT.656 output to work with the system’s main processor to observe camera and video data transferred from the SoC or GPU.
Both RAA278842 and RAA278843 include:
- Two input measurement engines with frozen/abnormal image detection diagnostics to examine input from the SoC/GPU and camera
- EEPROM/SPI flash fast boot enables register programming sans an external microcontroller
- SPI flash-based on-screen display (OSD) is able to show bit-map graphics in nine windows
- Arbitrary horizontal and vertical scalers for outputting up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Patented smooth input switching removes flicker when switching between sources
- AEC-Q100 Grade-2 qualified and specified for operation from -40°C to +105°C
The RAA278842 and RAA278843 can be joined with Renesas’ R-Car SoC family, RH850 MCU family, and RL78 MCU family, as well as the ISL78302 dual LDO, ISL78322 dual 2A/1.7A synchronous buck regulator, and ISL78228 dual 800mA synchronous buck regulator to supply the RAA27884x and other ICs on the automotive infotainment system board with power rails.
To learn more about the RAA278842, visit: www.renesas.com/products/RAA278842.
To learn more about the RAA278843, visit: www.renesas.com/products/RAA278843.
For more news about Renesas, check out: