Lattice Announces Performance Enhancements, Application Reference Designs for their sensAI Solutions Stack
October 25, 2019
Lattice Semiconductor announced the availability of performance enhancements and improved application reference designs for its sensAI solutions stack. sensAI develops AI and ML experiences for next-generation smart devices with milliwatt-level power consumption.
The enhancements include support for more compact/efficient neural network models and deeper quantization support to accommodate larger models for processing higher resolution and/or faster frames-per-second images in vision applications.
The latest enhancements include:
- sensAI on the iCE40 UltraPlus FPGA now supports 8-bit quantization.
- sensAI on the ECP5 FPGA now supports the MobileNet and ResNet neural network models.
- Key phrase detection for AI/ML-enabled human machine interface applications using microphones.
- Human face recognition, which in addition to detecting a human face can now identify specific registered users.
- Wake-on approach for printers and laptops
- Defect detection and operator compliance in industrial smart cameras
For more information, visit www.latticesemi.com/sensAI.