NXP Releases New Family of Microcontrollers
April 28, 2020
NXP Semiconductors announced the availability of its LPC551x/S1x microcontroller (MCU) family.
NXP Semiconductors announced the availability of its LPC551x/S1x microcontroller (MCU) family. The MCU family features low power consumption, embedded security, pin-, software-, and peripheral-compatibility to accelerate time-to-market.
Features of the LPC551x/S1x family per a company press release:
- Over 600 EEMBC® CoreMarks® and as low as 32uA/MHz
- Up to 150 MHz Arm® Cortex®-M33 core
- Up to 256 KB on-chip flash; up to 96 KB SRAM
- CAN FD / CAN 2.0 with MCUXpresso-based software enablement
- Dual-USB with on-chip PHY, supporting both HS and FS modes
- SDIO and up to 9 FlexComm interfaces (configurable as either SPI/I2C/I2S,UART)
- Advanced security enabled with MCUXpresso software and tools:
- SRAM PUF based device root key with added application key storage options
- Secure boot and anti-rollback protection
- Arm TrustZone® technology for resource isolation
- Hardware block cipher (PRINCE) for encryption/decryption of internal flash
- Accelerators for symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Authenticated debug capabilities
- Available in HLQFP100, VFBGA98 and HTQFP64 packages
- LPC551x/S1x is fully supported by NXP's MCUXpresso suite of software and tools
For more information, visit: www.nxp.com/LPC551x.