New Wio Terminal From Seeed Studio
April 28, 2020
New IoT device supports Arduino, MicroPython and compatible with Raspberry Pi from Seeed Studio
Seeed Studio has released the Wio Terminal. Compatible with Arduino and MicroPython, Wio Terminal is an ATSAMD51-based microcontroller with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN. According to the company, its CPU speed runs at 120MHz (Boost up to 200MHz).
Realtek RTL8720DN chip supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, making it ideal for IoT projects. The Wio Terminal itself is equipped with a 2.4” LCD Screen, onboard IMU(LIS3DHTR), Microphone, Buzzer, microSD card slot, Light sensor, and Infrared Emitter(IR 940nm).
- MCU: Microchip ATSAMD51P19 with ARM Cortex-M4F core running at 120MHz
- Wireless Connectivity: Equipped with Realtek RTL8720DN, dual-band 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz Wi-Fi
- 2.4” LCD Screen, IMU and add-ons housed in a compact enclosure with built-in magnets & mounting holes
- Raspberry Pi 40-pin Compatible GPIO
- Compatible with over 300 plug&play Grove modules
- USB OTG Support
- Supports Arduino, Micropython, ArduPy, AT Firmware, and Visual Studio Code
Wio Terminal Reference Design: including schematic, layouts, and pin details, enables developers to create their own projects using Seeed Studio’s Fusion PCBA Service.
For more information, visit: https://www.seeedstudio.com/