Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator Now Available from Newark element14
November 07, 2018
Newark element14, the Development Distributor, is now stocking the Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator: a best-in-class waveform generation platform designed for the most demanding...
Best-in-class waveform generation platform with new interactive features for unprecedented user experience, performance and versatility
Chicago, November 7, 2018: Newark element14, the Development Distributor, is now stocking the Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator: a best-in-class waveform generation platform designed for the most demanding expectations on performance and versatility throughout the whole process of product realization.
The new AFG31000 series incorporates four industry firsts that result in an unprecedented user experience for researchers and engineers:
• A 9-inch capacitive touch display and a shallow menu tree make locating and changing settings quicker, while also making browsing easier.
• The ability to monitor the generated waveform on the device under test in real time using InstaView. This simplifies the user’s job by verifying what the generated waveform looks like in real time when the signal is put out from the AFG31000 to the test point in the circuit under test. InstaView eliminates the need to use an oscilloscope to probe at that test point and as such adds confidence for users.
• An advanced sequence mode for creating long or complex waveforms makes the AFG31000 an alternative for users who need long, non-repeating waveforms, or multiple waveforms with complex timing.
• The ability to “draw” a waveform on-screen with fingertips using the built-in waveform creation tool. The built-in ArbBuilder enables arbitrary waveform creation and editing software eliminates the need to connect to a PC or use a USB drive to load arbitrary waveforms.
James McGregor, Global Head Test, Tools and Production Supplies at Premier Farnell and Newark element14 said: “As the Development Distributor, Newark element14 has the broadest range of in-stock test & measurement products in the high service distribution market. The AFG31000 is available from Newark element14 and combines industry firsts that will make it easier for engineers and researches who need to generate increasingly complex test cases for debugging, troubleshooting, characterizing and validating devices under test to focus on the task at hand without having to learn how to use the tool.”
The generator is available in 1- and 2-channel models, each having an output amplitude range from 1 mVP-P to 10 VP-P into 50-ohm loads. A wide range of operating modes are available including:
• Sine waves from 25 to 250 MHz
• Sampling (at 14-bit vertical resolution) from 250 MS/s to 2 GS/s,
• Continuous, modulation, sweeping and burst run modes (with 128 kpoints arbitrary waveform memory on each channel).
A variety of more complex waveforms are also available in the advanced sequence mode, which adds value for design or failure analysis from engineers by verifying whether their circuit will operate as planned or how it will respond under extreme or stressed conditions.
The Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator is available from Farnell element14 in EMEA, Newark element14 in North America and element14 in Asia Pacific and can be seen at electronica 2018 in Farnell element14’s ‘Build and Test’ zone located within the Avnet stand in Hall C5, Stand 101.