Murata Releases 2 W Bipolar Output SMT DC-DC Converters
July 19, 2021
Murata announced the MGJ2 series, a new line of surface mount DC-DC converters.
The MGJ2 series consists of six models. Each lightweight unit has a 2 W power rating and are supplied in compact, low-profile form factor modules measuring just 19.49mm x 14.99mm x 4.39mm dimensions.
Available in 12 V and 15 V voltage rails, they feature +15V/-5V, +15V/-9V, and +20V/-5V bipolar outputs.
The series’ characterized partial discharge performance ensures that functionality can be maintained regardless of the demanding nature of the high-voltage applications they are aimed for.
The DC-DC converters have a low isolation capacitance of 3pF and a common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) that exceeds 200kV/µs.
According to the company, other key features include:
• Continuous barrier that endures voltage that reaches 2.5kV plus
• 9mm creepage and clearance separation distances
• An extended operational temperature range of -40˚C to +100˚C
• Built-in short circuit protection mechanisms.
• Certified UL62368 compliant for 250VAC reinforced insulation
• ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1 certification is currently pending.
The MGJ2 series are intended to accompany the IGBT and SiC-based MOSFET high-voltage gate drivers used in industrial, renewable energy, and mobility applications.
For more information, visit murata.com.