Vitrek Offers Metrologists Laboratory-Level Accuracy in a Portable, Battery-Operated DC Calibrator
May 06, 2021
Vitrek, provider high-voltage test and measurement equipment, now offers the XiTRON 2000 series for metrologists who need accuracy and portability when calibrating thermocouple, pressure, flow, and DC instrumentation.
Delivering laboratory-level accuracy in a battery-powered DC calibrator, the 2000 Series is a cost-effective calibration/simulation tool ideal for applications spanning the consumer, medical, automotive, process control, and many other industries.
“In the past, metrologists who wanted to check systems around the factory floor had to either buy an expensive calibrator for lab use only or use a portable calibrator that didn’t provide the accuracy they needed,” said Chad Clark, Vitrek’s VP, Sales & Marketing. “Vitrek now offers the ideal solution. The XiTRON 2000 Series is portable and battery-powered – and yet it has the performance of a bench calibrator.”The high-performance 2000 Series computes current or voltage output using an equation derived from two data points to simulate the sensor output. Automatic cold junction compensation is included, allowing both measurement and simulation of values in °C or °F for B, E, J, K, N, R, S and T thermocouples. Additionally, current loop (4-20mA) indicators, controllers and recorders can be precisely calibrated with accuracy measured in parts-per-million (ppm) rather than percentages.
Key features of the XiTRON 2000 Series DC calibrator include:
- DC voltage and current capability, +/- 22 volt, 10ppm accuracy, +/- 22mA,40ppm accuracy
- Temperature simulation with 0.01o resolution, 0.015o- 0.12o accuracy (90 day)
- DC resolution down to 10nV or 10pA
- Temperature measurement with 0.1o-0.2o accuracy (90-day)
- Auto cold junction compensation NiMH battery operation (8 hours typ.)
- Standard RS232 interface allows laptop PC control in the field, while the optional IEEE-488 interface supports ATE applications
- Additional memory can be added to either interface for 10 user-defined test steps
- Temperature control loops
- Thermocouple measurement and simulation
For more information, visit: https://vitrek.com/