Aerotech Releases XL4s Linear Amplifier
January 30, 2019
Aerotech's XL4s network digital drive is a high-performance linear amplifier designed to drive single-phase motors and eliminate the non-linearities common with PWM amplifiers.
Aerotech’s XL4s high-performance voice-coil drive linear amplifier, conducive for closed-loop servo control of voice coil and single-phase motors, eliminates the non-linearities associated with PWM amplifiers and features a multi-core, double-precision, floating-point DSP that operates the digital PID.
The XL4s includes:
- an encoder interpolation feature
- dedicated analog and digital I/O
- fiber-optic interface
- separate power connections for motor and control supply voltages
With the XL4s, you can achieve the following:
- industry-leading settling times
- long-term thermal stability
- sub-micron-level tracking accuracy with the following advanced features
- full state feed-forward
- 192 kHz servo rates
- look-ahead-based velocity control
The XL4s provides better tracking errors and accelerated part quality in fast-tool servos, high-dynamic optical focusing axes, and high-speed pick-and-place machines.
For more information, please visit