Renesas Electronics Innovative Safety Analysis Tool Simplifies Automotive ISO 26262 Compliance
November 09, 2018
GUI-based software tool offers automotive system integrators flexibility in evaluating component and/or system compliance to ISO 26262 safety standard.
Renesas Electronics Corporation has released its GUI CAR (Customizable Analysis Report) Tool. It is a new FMEDA (failure mode effects and diagnostics analysis) tool that meets the ISO 26262 standard.
The CAR Tool has a multi-layered outlook of the safety-related component, along with customizable analysis parameters and all of the results that satisfy ISO 26262, providing users with estimations on probabilistic metric for random hardware failures (PMHF) and safety goal violation evaluations. It’s also designed to make complex system-on-chip (SoC)/microcontroller (MCU) safety analyses easier to browse.
Key features of the new GUI Tool include:
- Effective Graphical User Interface (GUI) for clear visibility and ease of customization
- Library import for Renesas components
- Ability to create and share libraries between parties or other suppliers
- Automatic calculation of ISO26262 HW architectural metrics
- Automatic calculation of PMHF and alternate method
- Operating different Safety Goals
- Managing different use cases
- Accurate revision control and change history support
- Error logging
- Embedded documents and references
- Customization possibilities of many safety-related parameters including:
- Fault characterization
- Failure modes
- Fault impact
- FIT characterization and allocation
- Safety-related status
- Safety mechanisms
- Fault coverage
“This is a tool developed by safety engineers, deeply involved with the creation of the ISO26262 standard since the beginning, for safety engineers,” said Riccardo Vincelli, Renesas’ Director of the Functional Safety Competence Center. “It is the result of intensive internal activity to find solutions for daily challenges associated with efficient safety analysis, effective exchange of results with stakeholders, and customization based on different use cases.”
For more information, visit renesas.com.