Q-Reel to Enhance Electric Vehicle Charging with World's First At-Home Semi-Automatic Station
June 18, 2020
Q-Reel technology offers EV consumers at-home electric vehicle charging via first-of-its-kind automation that?s paired with integrated app-based monitoring and control
Q-Reel, a smart-charging company that’s developed the world's first semi-automatic AC charging station for EVs, will offer global consumers charging at home. According to the company, the product is a first-of-its-kind automated ejection system ensuring an ideal, hands-free charging experience. This in conjunction with the associated user-friendly smartphone app and built-in camera function, allowing users to monitor their EV inside and out with a swipe of a button.
- Safety & Equipment: Retractable cables to ensure that they will not suffer damage or abuse when not in use, while also protecting these parts from rain, humidity, and other external elements. Q-Reel also reduces risk of electrocution and fire, upholding homeowner and property safety, since the third-party safety tested and certified system serves as an appropriate power source. It eliminates any cause to use the main home electricity source with or without extension cords/leads (or a daisy chain thereof)—especially those wires not suited for outside environments. According to the company, the flat cable inside the Q-Reel has enough cooling surface to prevent it from overheating and comes with a thermometer to regulate its temperature.
- Power-Assisted Operation: Q-Reel takes care of the ‘heavy lifting’ with regards to cable weight with its automated ejection system that disconnects the plug from the car inlet and automatically retracts the cable directly back to the charging station to ensure hassle-free operation.
- Charging: Grab the plug and connect it to the vehicle charging port. Thanks to a proprietary, automatic ejection technology, it’s ready to go when you need it.
- App-Based Monitoring and Control: Q-Reel works with a mobile app (iOS and Android) that lets users personalize charging time preferences. In addition to the charge process, users can also use the app interface to view live footage from Q-Reel’s built-in camera right from a smartphone.
- Customizable Display: Q-Reel features a customizable display that offers various personalization options. This makes it possible to add a house number, corporate logo, or any other design.
For more information, visit: https://www.q-reel.com.