AdaCore's Fifth Annual Make with Ada Programming Competition Beginning July 31st
July 29, 2020
AdaCore announced it will begin its 5th annual "Make with Ada" programming competition Friday, July 31.
AdaCore announced it will begin its 5th annual “Make with Ada” programming competition Friday, July 31. The competition, which will run July 31, 2020 through January 31, 2021, is geared toward new Ada and SPARK users. Contestants need to demonstrate that their systems meet the requirements and uses sound software engineering practices.
Contest information per a company press release:
- The competition is open to both individuals and team participants.
- Teams can be composed of up to four participants, each of whom must be individually eligible.
- Individuals must be at least 18 years of age.
- Student projects must be submitted either by a student participant (age 26 or less with a valid student ID), or a team composed of student participants.
- Business-supported people/projects are not eligible.
- Software quality - Does the software meet its requirements?
- Openness - Is the project Freely Licensed Open Source Software (FLOSS)?
- “Buzz factor” - Does it have a wow effect to appeal to the software community?
Twelve prizes will be awarded at the completion of the competition. Prizes include a single first place prize of $2,000; ten finalist prizes of $600 each; and one student-only prize of $1,000. Students are eligible for both student-only and general prizes.
AdaCore will announced the winners March 2021.
To register, visit https://www.hackster.io/contests/adacore3.