Abaco Releases New 3U OpenVPX Rugged Single Board Computer
April 09, 2019
Features new Intel Xeon E-2176M ?Coffee Lake? processor for maximum performance; its innovative thermal management maintains high performance even in adverse environments.
HUNTSVILLE, AL. Abaco Systems introduced their SBC3511 3U OpenVPX rugged single board computer, complete with high performance, advanced security and leading edge thermal management. The new platform’s direct applications are C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) and the most demanding industrial applications.
The SBC3511 features:
- high performance stemmed from the new Intel Xeon E-2176M 6-core/12-thread processor operating at 2.7GHz with TurboBoost up to 4.4GHz, 32 GBytes of DDR4 RAM and includes up to 256 GBytes of nVME SSD
- a 40 Gigabit Ethernet data plane, offering a high speed interconnect and alignment with the SOSA technical standard
- includes the onboard Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC’s built-in security capabilities containing physical unclonable function (PUF), user-accessible hardened cryptographic blocks, asymmetric authentication, side channel attack protection, and other silicon-based AT features
- includes a x8 PCIe Gen 3 XMC site; one USB 2.0 port and one USB 3.1 port; a DisplayPort interface; two serial ports; a SATA port; and up to eight GPIO pins
- A range of software options including: AMI UEFI for support of BIOS Guard for signed image execution, Open Linux (Fedora), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS (Linux), Wind River Linux, VxWorks 7, Windows 10
- features an exclusive thermal management design enabling deterministic high performance even at the extended temperatures that are conventional for deployment on space-constrained platforms in combat zones.
“The SBC3511 is the result of extensive feedback from our customers about what they want,” said Abaco Systems’ VP of Product Management, Peter Thompson. “Their priorities are maximum processing power under all conditions for advanced applications; comprehensive provision for security; and interoperability. The SBC3511 not only delivers on these requirements, but is also supported by Abaco’s extensive ecosystem that includes graphics processors, FPGA and DSP boards, switches and carrier cards to enable the creation of complete systems.”
For more information, visit www.abaco.com.