Renesas Launches New RZ/G2 64-Bit MPUs
March 01, 2019
All Four RZ/G2 MPUs deliver secure and reliable operation with ECC on all memories, and more than 10 years of Linux kernel support.
TOKYO, JAPAN. Renesas Electronics Corporation released the RZ/G2 Group of 64-bit Arm Cortex-A57 and Cortex-A53-based microprocessors (MPUs). The four new RZ/G2 MPUs are supported by the Renesas RZ/G Linux Platform for industrial applications.
Features of the RZ/G2 MPUs include:
- Significant improvements to processing performance over the former RZ/G1-Group – up to maximum 2.7 times the CPU processing performance
- 36 percent higher performance than any other embedded 64-bit MPU on the market
- Supports the latest high-speed protocols for external memories including LPDDR4 or DDR3L up to 3200 MT/s
- Fast communication with backing for the USB 3.0, SATA, and PCI-e high-speed interfaces, and QSPI and eMMC gigabit interfaces
- On-chip 3D graphics engine, H.264 and H.265 codec with 4K support, and HDMI, LVDS, and MIPI-CSI2 camera input interfaces as graphics and video functions yield advanced human-machine interface (HMI) applications
High reliability and security:
- Detect and correct memory errors
- Offer ECC on all internal and external memory interfaces for all devices in the group
- Work with both the on-chip L1/L2-cache memory and external DDR3L or LPDDR4 memory
- Help avoid risks associated with malfunctions due to corruption of data in memory
The SLTS Linux kernel allows embedded systems supported by Linux to be sustained by more than 10 years’ worth of security maintenance, reducing costs and simplifying adoption of reliable industrial-grade Linux.
“RZ/G2 MPUs are designed to meet the needs of developers using embedded controllers in industrial automation and building automation applications,” said Renesas’ Vice President of Enterprise Infrastructure Business Division, Industrial Solution Business Unit, Shigeki Kato. “These applications demand higher performance, comprehensive integrated interfaces, higher reliability, and long-term software support, exactly what RZ/G2 MPUs deliver.”
For more information, visit renesas.com.