Pliops Launches EDP for High Performance and Low Cost
July 27, 2021
Pliops announced the launch of its Extreme Data Processor (XDP)., Pliops XDP increases performance, reliability, capacity, and efficiency.
The need for data storage capacity, and the computational requirements for processing it, is accelerating.
Pliops XDP eliminates major redundancies and significantly accelerates performance, enabling data center infrastructures to scale more efficiently. Pliops XDP combines multiple fundamental data and storage technologies into one device, multiplying their benefits.
Providing new levels of processing power and storage scalability for relational, NoSQL and in-memory databases, analytics, AI/ML, 5G, IoT, and other data-intensive applications and platforms, the XDP changes the landscape for what is possible.
The new XDP delivers value for many of the most popular applications by achieving peak productivity and making way for new applications and deployment models.
By solving current data efficiency challenges, the XDP expands the potential of existing architectures. This allows scale for adoption of the modern applications needed to compete in today’s world.
According to the company, the key benefits and features are:
• Performance: Eliminates bottlenecks, latency and server sprawl that cost time, resources, and business opportunities. Delivers unprecedented performance gains up to 10X higher for databases, analytics, AI/ML, and more.
• Reliability: Drive Fail Protection enables users to maintain constant data availability and deliver on stringent SLAs, with no hit to performance.
• Capacity: In-line compression and other data-management technologies provide up to 6X space savings.
• Efficiency: Easy to deploy, single solution for every workload, optimizing data center infrastructure footprints and slashing costs.
• Drive fail-protected performance of up to 3.2 million random read IOPs and 1.2 million random write IOPs
• Ability to store capacities of up to 128TB of protected data on 64TB of SSDs
• Installation is plug-and-play using a standard block interface requiring no application changes or a native KV interface for optimal performance
By scaling across compute, memory, networking, and storage, Pliops XDP multiplies the effectiveness of data center infrastructure investments.
For more information, visit www.pliops.com.