Murata Introduces World's Smallest Ferrite Chip Beads for Automotive Power Supply Applications
June 16, 2020
Murata Manufacturing has introduced the BLM18SP_SH1 series. According to the company, the series features the world's smallest 1 chip ferrite beads for use in automotive power supply applications.
Murata Manufacturing has introduced the BLM18SP_SH1 series. According to the company, the series features the world’s smallest single-chip ferrite beads for noise suppression in automotive power supply applications.
With a new structural design that utilizes internal electrode fabrication technology, the new series features ideal impedance acquisition efficiency along with lower resistance, which leads to a large current. In addition, commercialized in 0603(1608) inch (mm) size (1.6mm × 0.8mm) package. According to the company, this series has a 50% smaller base area compared to conventional products. This provides manufacturers with more flexibility when designing automotive power supply circuits and helps to support more sophisticated autonomous driving with smaller in-vehicle components.
In addition to this series for automotive power supply applications, Murata has two other series in 0603 inch size—the BLM18SP_SZ1 series for in-vehicle infotainment and the BLM18SP_SN1 series for consumer devices.
Highlights of products
- Achieved approx. 50% smaller base area compared to the conventional BLM21PG series
- Complied with Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) -Q200*5
- Two times the rated current and three times the impedance of Murata's conventional product (BLM18PG221SH1)
- Supports up to 6A rated current or 1kΩ impedance (in the BLM18SP_SH1 series)
- A world's smallest product delivering 600Ω impedance and 1500mA rated current (BLM18SP601SH1)
For additional product information, visit: chip ferrite beads for noise control for automotive power supply BLM18SP_SH1 series or visit: www.murata.com