Renesas launches new automotive-grade 100V, 4A half-bridge N-channel MOSFET drivers
November 26, 2018
Advanced ISL784x4 MOSFET driver family enables high current DC/DC conversion with adjustable dead time and maximum efficiency.
Renesas Electronics Corporation introduced its new automotive-grade 100V, 4A half-bridge N-channel MOSFET drivers, the ISL784x4 family, which features three devices. The ISL78424 and ISL78444 with single tri-level PWM input control both gate drivers, and the ISL78434 has dual independent inputs that control the high-side and low-side drivers separately.
The ISL784x4 half-bridge N-MOSFET drivers supplement the ISL78224 4-phase bidirectional controller, as it provides up to 3kW of power and more than 95 percent efficiency in 12V-48V converters used in mild hybrid vehicles. The ISL784x4 drivers are also conducive for 12V-24V bidirectional DC/DC converters, in addition to other high current buck or boost applications.
Key Features of ISL78424, ISL78434 and ISL78444 include:
- 3A sourcing/4A sinking output current
- Tri-level PWM input (ISL78424 and ISL78444)
- Independent HI/LI inputs (ISL78434)
- Separate source/sink pins at driver outputs (ISL78424 and ISL78434)
- Wide supply voltage has 8V to 18V range
- On-chip 3? bootstrap FET switch removes external Schottky diode requirement
- Adaptive dead time control and programmable dead time delay with single resistor
- AEC-Q100 Grade-1 qualified and specified for operation from -40°C to +140°C
“Our new ISL784x4 half-bridge driver family is the first to combine gate-sensed adaptive dead time control with independent source/sink pins for slew-rate control,” said Akira Omichi, Renesas’ Vice President, Automotive System Project Management Division. “Several best-in-class features enable the highly integrated ISL78424, ISL78434 and ISL78444 to outperform competitive half-bridge drivers, giving our customers the ultimate in performance and ease of use.”
For more information, visit renesas.com.