Infinitum Electric to Develop High-Efficiency Motor for Leading Consumer Appliance Manufacturer
March 01, 2021
Per the company, the first IEh series motors for smart home appliances extend battery life, are 50% lighter, 30% quieter and 10% more efficient than traditional electric motors
Infinitum Electric announced an agreement with a consumer appliance manufacturer. Under the agreement, Infinitum Electric will develop its first IEh series motor for consumer appliance applications, to support the creation of a smarter, more energy-efficient, cordless vacuum. Infinitum Electric is enabling this transition as demand increases for eco-friendly products due to both government regulations and consumer preferences.
The market for global smart home appliances is anticipated to reach $92.72 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 14.1% from 2020 to 2027. According to IMARC Group, global electric motor consumption in the household appliance sector is expected to reach a value of US $8.19 billion, growing at a CAGR of 5.04% from 2018-2023.
The IEh Series motors are designed to deliver performance for quieter, more efficient consumer appliances with ideal durability and connectivity. Infinitum Electric motors are designed with a silicon-based stator used in modern technologies, rather than traditional, cumbersome iron core and copper wire, which reduce weight, size and acoustic noise. Features and benefits include:
- Compact and lightweight: Silicon stator produces the same power rating as an iron core stator, at a 50% lighter weight than traditional electric motors.
- Low acoustic noise: At less than 45 dB for some applications, the IEh motor is one of the quietest on the market. There’s no cogging torque and no magnetic force between the rotor and stator to cause magnetic noise, leading to a dramatically quieter motor.
- High operating speed: With a range of 0-110,000 RPM, IEh motors can be engineered for high operating speed.
- Durability: The silicon stator has a 10x longer life than conventional coils and uniform temperature distribution prevents thermal stresses on windings.
- Ultra high-efficiency: With an efficiency rating of greater than 90% for any power rating, stator core losses are eliminated due to the coreless construction.
- Low vibration: With vibration levels of less than .25 mm/sec, simple structure prevents rotors from shifting due to thermal or mechanical stresses.
- Connected design: Integrated electronics and embedded IoT circuitry allow the motor to stay connected to the outside world and with other smart home applications.
For more information, visit: https://www.infinitumelectric.com/products/ieh/