OmniVision Releases Smallest Image Sensor and Miniature Camera Module for Disposable Medical Applications
October 22, 2019
Smallest image sensor provides high quality images from smallest parts of anatomy, for brain, ophthalmic, ENT, cardiac, spinal, gynecology and urology procedures.
OmniVision Technologies, Inc.’s OV6948 is “The Smallest Image Sensor Commercially Available” according to the Guinness World Record, measuring in at 0.575mm x 0.575mm. The company also released its OVM6948 CameraCubeChip™, which is a compact 0.65mm x 0.65mm, with a z-height of just 1.158mm.
These medical imagers were developed to satisfy market needs for decreased invasiveness and deeper anatomical access.
- is a “chip on tip” camera with backside illumination, offering better image quality and low-light performance to help lessen LED heat
- includes a wide 120-degree field of view and an extended focus range of 3mm to 30mm
- can capture 200x200 resolution images and video at up to 30 frames per second
- its analog output can transmit over 4 meters with minimal noise
- consumes only 25 mW, generating less heat for better patient comfort and flexible procedure durations
OmniVision will be appearing at the MD&M Minneapolis trade show from October 23-24 in booth #1248 to showcase its new camera module.
For more information, visit www.ovt.com.
To learn more about OmniVision, check out: