Newark element14 Expands its 3D Printing Range with New Supplier MakerGear
October 30, 2018
Newark element14, the Development Distributor, has added the MakerGear family of 3D printers to its range of 3D printing products. MakerGear is a technology and market leader in 3D printing...
Chicago, October 30, 2018: Newark element14, the Development Distributor, has added the MakerGear family of 3D printers to its range of 3D printing products. MakerGear is a technology and market leader in 3D printing systems, supplying printers designed to speed the prototyping and production of end-use components and equipment.
“MakerGear printers are designed, engineered, manufactured, and inspected to standards that ensure optimal performance for professionals and innovators,” says James McGregor, Global Head of Test & Measurement for Premier Farnell and Newark element14: “As the Development Distributor we seek to provide our customers with technology that helps them innovate and develop products for market quicker than ever. The breadth of these printers makes them suitable for a wide range of customers - from hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts, to customers printing components for industrial applications, research and education.”
Newark element14 offers the single-head MakerGear M3-SE and the independent dual-head MakerGear M3-ID. Both printers provide industrial-grade precision and reliability for the prototyping and production of finished components. Simplify3D software is included as standard on the M3-ID and available as an optional upgrade on the M3-SE.
Both the MakerGear M3-ID and the M3-SE are compact enough to sit on a desk and provide top-grade performance at a low cost per part. The 3D printers offer material capabilities ranging from ABS and nylon to polycarbonate and polypropylene, and feature a touch probe to ensure a seamless, plug-and-play printing experience for both high-volume print jobs and low-volume, high-mix environments.
Key features of the MakerGear M3-ID include:
• Independent dual extruders: Faster, more reliable multi-material - using both extruders simultaneously, the M3-ID offers twice the production capacity of fixed-head dual extrusion systems for single-material print jobs.
• Print with unlimited complexity: The ability to combine flexible and rigid materials into a single part to achieve the desired mechanical, thermal and chemical properties, creating 3D objects with incredible precision.
Both the MakerGear M3-ID and single head M3-SE offer:
• Wifi connectivity with remote control and monitoring capabilities.
• True-Leveling and Auto-levelling using a Touch Probe to maintain its level throughout heavy usage and generating a 9-point mesh of the print surface before each print to compensate for unavoidable variations from perfect flatness.
• An onboard computer with more than 10 GB of storage
• OctoPrint for MakerGear control interface with access to features such as one-click file preparation and direct design-to-print integrations.
• Compatibility with a wide range of operating systems, devices, and browsers, including Windows/Mac/Linux, iOS/Android and Chrome/Firefox/Safari.
MakerGear 3D Printers are through Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 in Asia Pacific.