OmniVision Releases Automotive Image Sensor Fusion
September 16, 2019
New demonstration showcases OmniVision?s Arm-based dual-mode sensor with simultaneous image captures for both computer vision and human displays.
OmniVision Technologies, Inc. combined its OX03A1Y image sensor with the Arm Mali-C71 image signal processor (ISP) for a dual-mode automotive camera module.
The company will be exhibiting its new product at its AutoSens conference in Brussels from September 17-19, 2019 in booth #29.
OmniVision and Arm employed an FPGA that mirrors the Mali-C71 ISP to process images captured by the OX03A1Y sensor for computer vision and human displays. The sensor’s RCCB clear color filter pattern produces high quality images in all lighting conditions.
- Has a 3.2µm pixel with high dynamic range (HDR), dual conversion gain (DCG) and an RCCB color filter
- Comes in a small 8.0 x 7.2mm chip-scale package
- Consumes 20 percent less power than other sensors, producing less heat and reducing noise for better low-light functionality
- Offers a drop-in replacement with sensor fusion capabilities
- Integrates advanced ISO 26262 ASIL B functional safety features
For more information, visit www.ovt.com.
To learn more about OmniVision, check out: